Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through various volunteer activities.
SERVICE REQUIREMENTS: For the first year of membership a Patroness and her Ticktocker are considered Provisional Members. At the end of that year, upon satisfying the membership requirements, they become Active Members. Provisional Patronesses and Ticktockers complete, at a minimum, 30 hours of annual service – 15 hours of community service to our affiliated philanthropies and 15 hours of league hours directly to our chapter. The membership year runs from April 1st through March 31st.
Philanthropies supported by our Chapter include:
- Blue Star Moms
- Cake 4 Kids
- Cal Shakes Theater
- Child Abuse Prevention Council of Contra Costa
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano Counties
- Friends of Lamorinda Libraries
- Girl Scouts of Nothern CA Twin Canyon Camp
- JF Kapnek Trust – Zimbabwe
- Juvenile Diabetes JDRF of Nothern CA
- Lafayette Town Hall Theater
- Las Trampas Adult Development Center
- Loaves & Fishes
- Monument Crisis Center
- Mt. Diablo Adult Day Healthcare Center
- Save Mt. Diablo
- Shelter, Inc.
- Special Olympics
- Valley Oak Respite Center
- Xenophon Therapeutic Riding Center
- Youth Homes, Inc.